It’s getting close to that time again…Winter is coming.
Homeownership Quick Tip:
Be sure to disconnect hoses from the outdoor faucet to help prevent freezing and cracking of water pipes.
During cold spells, if a garden hose is left connected, ice can form and pressure can build up in the water lines inside your home. Once this occurs, a water line leak or break could occur and cause severe damage to the home.
1. Empty all water in garden hose.
2. Disconnect garden hose from outdoor faucet.
3. Shut off water to outdoor facets if you have the indoor shut off, open facet to remove remaining water.
4. Get an insulated faucet cover.
5. To prevent cracking in the garden hose, store indoors or somewhere not exposed to extreme winter weather.
Questions on home ownership? Contact our team!
Derek Espeer Real Estate Services