Real Estate Buying Mistakes – #1
Failing to Have a Plan
With a game plan, you will eliminate many of the headaches involved in this complicated transaction.
You should have a clear plan when deciding to buy a home. Evaluate your current situation.
- Do you currently own a home? If so, will it be necessary to sell before making another purchase?
- Are you renting” How much time is left on your lease?
- What is important to you about the location of your home? How close do you need to be to schools, work, shopping?
- Make a list of features that are important to have in your next home.
- List your desired price range, locations that you would like, number of bedrooms and baths, and any other amenities.
- Be specific and prioritize your list. It is unlikely that you will find a home that offers every feature you desire, but a list will help you identify homes that best meet your wants and needs.
- Share your list with your real estate agent and review the details and priorities. Your agent will look for homes that best match your criteria, saving you time looking at homes that don’t fit your needs.
A proper game plan will save you time and reduce the stress of shopping for a home. Invest time at the beginning, and you will have a more satisfying home buying experience.
Please contact me whenever you have a real estate need or questions. I’d be happy to help.