Getting Ready to Move
Regardless of where you are in the home buying or selling process, you will want to develop a to-do list that will help make your move as painless as possible. Here are some suggestions for your list:
- Submit your change of address to the US Postal Service. You can do so online by going to the following URL: https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/move-info/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s2&_flowId=icoa-main-flow&
- If you’re moving a long distance, make arrangements with a moving company and make other travel arrangements (such as airline tickets) if necessary.
- Obtain your medical and dental records, and ask your doctor and dentist for referrals, and transfer prescriptions.
- Inventory your belongings before you pack, in case you need to make an insurance claim later. Take photos or video and record the serial numbers on your electronics.
- If necessary, make arrangements to transport any pets.
Please call or email me if you have any questions or needs.