Seller Moving Tips – #6
Packing Up the House
Many of us would enjoy our move more if our houses could pack themselves. Until an incredibly brilliant scientist figures out a way to make that happen, here are some helpful tips:
- Stock up on packing supplies such as tape, boxes, bubble-wrap, scissors, newspaper, permanent marker and tissue. Pack electronics in their original boxes if possible.
- Be sure not to load more than 50 pounds worth of your belongings in one box. Smaller boxes, even though you will use more, are easier to pack and transport.
- Label your boxes according to the room in which they need to go. If you plan to keep some boxes for future use, place a piece of masking tape on the box and write on the masking tape so you can remove it later.
- Use towels and blankets to wrap fragile items if needed. You’ll keep your valuables safe and save space at the same time.
- Clearly mark all boxes containing fragile items and avoid stacking heavier items on top that might crush or damage them.
Please call or email me if you have any questions or needs.