To have your yard looking perfectly manicured, here are a few things you can do in addition to the mowing, trimming, and raking.
- Remove any loose leaves and sticks; most of this can be used in a compost pile or mulched for later use.
- Remove any dead limbs or flowers from trees and plants.
- Use a power edger to get clean lines on the edge of your lawn for a crisp look.
- Wash your driveway so it’s not a dirty distraction from your yard.
- In late spring, add a new layer of mulch down for your pathways and plant beds.
- Lastly, build an enclosure to hide trash cans and other unsightly items you may have outdoors; you can find fence panels or lattices at your local hardware store for a quick afternoon project.