Adding outdoor lighting to your house can add appeal, as well as safety, to your home. You can dramatically change the landscape of your home with a lighting plan that accents the features of your house.
- Start by walking your yard and paths around your home to find ideas of where lighting would be beneficial.
- Above doorways and along dark sides of your home can benefit from lighting and discourage crime, making your neighborhood a safer place.
- Walk through your neighborhood and take note of what type of lighting you are drawn to that your neighbors have on their homes.
- When creating your plan, pick a focal point such as the main entrance or large trees.
- Focus a light on your house numbers or go online to find numbers that are already backlit.
- Make your lighting system low maintenance by connecting your lights to an indoor switch or set up on a timer.
Use these tips to start a rough sketch of your lighting plan today.