In my experience, most buyers gravitate to the kitchen, master suite, and bathrooms first when looking at a property. It is also pretty predictable that a guy will typically want to go to the basement first to check out the furnace, water heater, etc. (whether he knows anything about them or not!).
In this short post, we’ll focus on giving your bathroom some extra attention, and making it stand out to buyers. Here are some tips that will have your bathrooms ready for an Open House or to be shown:
- Remove everything from the counter tops; you don’t want your personal toiletries out for all to see
- Do a deep cleaning of the whole bathroom and redo any caulking you may have
- Replace the faucet and hardware on the cabinets if they are dated
- Replace the shower liner or curtain and any rugs if they look worn or old
- If children have been using a bathroom for some time (and if your kids are anywhere as dirty as ours), you may want to replace the toilet!
- Paint a fresh coat of paint to help with the lived in smell
These low cost tips can help make the bathroom feel fresh and inviting to the buyers who are viewing your house. Give me a call today to discuss additional tips to get your home open house ready.