Benefits of Aerating
When you aerating your lawn it breaks the soil surface by punching holes into the ground. A plug aerator will remove clumps (plugs) of soil out of the ground, while spiked aerators simply push holes into the soil.
The benefits to aerating are:
- Oxygen and water are better able enter the soil
- Rainwater won’t just run off
- Earthworms and other bugs will have more room to live
- Your fertilizer will reach the roots
- These benefits lead to healthier grass, which means fewer weeds.